Best Investment Books for Women Investors
Rich Woman by Kim Kiyosaki
Women investors are said to have more advantages than men. Here's why.
In her book, Rich Woman - A book on investing for women, Kim Kiyosaki argues that there are a number of advantages that make women better investors.
She suggests that these advantages include ...
- Women are not afraid to say "I don't know" - which opens up the doors to learn more
- They are willing to ask for help and hence learn something and spend less time figuring it out for themselves
- Women are great shoppers and know how to spot a bargain. She argues that the same principles to bargain shopping apply to investing
- They do their homework, are less likely to be influenced by a "hot tip" and are more likely to spend more time researching their investment choices than men do
- Women are risk-averse which may lead them to doing more research
- They have much less ego - with men more likely to let their ego make the decisions for them
- Women are nurturers, and nurturing involves establishing good relationships with their investment network
- They learn well from other women, which may explain the popularity of investing clubs
Other investing organizations that provide assistance to women investors include women angel investors who provide capital to women wishing to set up their own business.
They occupy a space in the investing world between traditional banks a venture capitalists.
In concluding her book, Kim Kiyosaki makes the point that while some people say that money is not the most important thing in life, it does affect everything that is important
"It buys you slavery or it buys you freedom. Slavery to your job, your debt, and sometimes even slavery within your relationships".
For Kim, it bought her her freedom because she hated being told what to do!
A survey by Oppenheimer Funds revealed that ...
In Summary ...
- women today are smarter, more confident investors
- there is still progress to be made - women lack understanding of investment vehicles, and
- financial advisers give women a confidence boost.
The survey conclusions were that women need to take a more active role in investing ... and women agree that there are decided benefits in working with a financial adviser.
By doing so, they not only feel like more successful investors, they generally are!
Return from Women Investors to Best Investment Books
Return to Value Investing Home Page